Saturday, October 09, 2004

Guardian Unlimited | US elections 2004 | Bush's mystery bulge

Guardian Unlimited | US elections 2004 | Bush's mystery bulge: "Bloggers are burning up their keyboards with speculation. Check out the president's peculiar behaviour during the debate, they say. On several occasions, the president simply stopped speaking for an uncomfortably long time and stared ahead with an odd expression on his face. Was he listening to someone helping him with his response to a question? Even weirder was the president's strange outburst. In a peeved rejoinder to Kerry, he said, 'As the politics change, his positions change. And that's not how a commander in chief acts. I, I, uh - Let me finish - The intelligence I looked at was the same intelligence my opponent looked at.' It must be said that Bush pointed toward Lehrer as he declared 'Let me finish.' The green warning light was lit, signalling he had 30 seconds to, well, finish.
Thanks to Tracie for this link to the now famous picture of the hump/bulge/box on President Bush's back during the Florida debate.

No comments: