Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Nation | Editorial | Democrats: MIA | The Editors

In the next few months the Democratic Party will have to define where it wants to be. It must decide whether it is going to be a (belittled and derided) partner in George W. Bush'e neo-fascist legislature, or it must fulfill its commitment to be a credible opposition. And the Democrats better be more that credible; they must become the scourge, the conscience of this nation, to have any hope of ever again have access to the perquisites of power. And it has to be more than credible as the prospective party of reason, enlightenment, social justice and people-power. I believe that The Nation's analysis of the shameful surrender of elected Democrats to Republican bullying is right on the money.
I only started reading the Nation a few weeks back, but I am finding myself nodding my head every week as I read their (maybe a bit condescending) take on current issues. Go, read this and peruse the rest of the Nation. You will find more of that stuff here anyway.
The Nation | Editorial | Democrats: MIA | The Editors

No comments: